As you may know, we just wrapped up our 11th Annual Bro-Am in Encinitas, CA. It was a blast and we're so incredibly happy with this year's turn out. It was our biggest and best year yet, with over 15,000 beach day attendees and $300,000 raised through the Bro-Am Soiree, Beach Day Raffle, and our first ever Bro-Am Restaurant Week. Thanks to everyone who came out and showed your support.
Check out a few photos from this year and some of our favorite highlights from our 2-day event!
- Our auction featured the Bro-Am's first ever online bidding platform for fans around the world
- Surf legend Rob Machado hosted his Bro Junior surf competition for the fourth year in a row
- Single-use plastic water bottles were a NO GO; attendees could fill up at free H2O stations
- We again featured solar-powered sound and staging.
- The Rob Machado Foundation once again teamed up with the Solana Center to have a team of surfers and environmentalists managing waste at Bro-Am. The Green Team added composting efforts to this year’s plan, and collected nearly 3,000 lbs of waste, recycled over 1,600 lbs, composted 785 lbs of food waste, and diverted 83% of total waste from the landfill!
- Live performances from our friends NEEDTOBREATHE, Drew Holcomb, Colony House, and Brynn Elliott were incredible
- Local restaurants and vendors supplied attendees with good times and good food
- ViaSat, along with partners, TourGigs and Blackmagic Designs, live streamed the Bro-Am event on the Web, allowing viewers around the world to tune-in and catch the action. Local Carlsbad High School TV students provided technical, production and on-air talent assistance, bringing yet another local tie to the program.
- YOUR efforts and the efforts of many more special people helped raise money for 7 San Diego charities with an astounding $300,000 in gross profits!
This year also marked the launch of Bro-Am Studios, a non-profit music school and performance space offering a pay-what-you-can model to give every kid an opportunity for quality music education. For more information: https://broam.org
If you'd like to still give, you can! Donate HERE.